How to choose my bracket
To avoid temper tantrums and stress, there are a few rules of thumb you should consider before purchasing your TV or monitor bracket.
- The size of your TV or monitor - is it compatible with our bracket?
- The Vesa Compliance - will the screws line up?
- The weight of your TV or monitor - will the bracket hold the Weight of the TV or monitor?
1. TV size compatibility
- How do I know the size of my TV or monitor? - This should be displayed on the box of your TV or monitor in the manual and will be displayed in inches (").
- How do I know the inch compatibility of your bracket? - This will be displayed in the brackets title
To see the exact size compatibility range click on the desired product and check the compatibility range in the key features list below the product image.
2. The Vesa compliance
- What is the vesa compliance? - The VESA Interface Standard defines the distance in millimetres between the four mounting holes on the back of a TV (distance horizontally x distance vertically). VESA is a standard used for TV brackets and wall mounting systems, adopted by most TV brands.
- Why is Vesa so important? - It determines whether or not the bracket plate will line up with your TV, if it doesn't, there will be no way of attaching your TV or monitor to your bracket.
- How do I find out the Vesa of my TV? - The quickest way would be to measure the distance between the screw holes on the back of your TV or monitor (vertically and horizontally). Alternatively and possibly more accurately this information should be contained within the TV manual or displayed on a small sticker on the back of your device. If you are still unsure you could contact the supplier of your TV or monitor.
- How do I find what the VESA of the bracket is? - The Vesa compatibility of our brackets can be found in the features section of each bracket.
3. The weight of the TV
- Why is the TV weight important - Your TV is important to us, making sure that it stays up on your wall is paramount. Please check that our bracket can hold the weight of your TV.
- Where do I find the weight of my TV - Once again it should be in the TV or monitor manual or you could contact your TV or monitor supplier for more information.
- Where do I find the weight the bracket can support? - Take a look for the specification on each product and you will find it there.
What else should I take into account?
- The material of the wall - Plaster board won't do a very good job of keeping a heavy bracket fixed to your wall, look for support beams and studs. We don’t want you to break your TV!